Wednesday 21 August 2013

Charity Shop Floral Collection




So after a trip or two around my local charity shops I seem to have gathered a few items I couldn't leave behind, I'm such a sucker for anything with a floral theme as you may have guessed and I often have to reason with myself as to what I may do with such items and often ask myself "do I really need this & where am I going to put it" usually siding with the devil on my shoulder who says just get it, it will go somewhere! This has lead to quite a collection which was bordering on an obsession, though recently I have been 5 weeks clean of entering a single charity shop (round of applause). Lets be honest a lot of us have been sucked in to the chic, vintage, mend and up do look which Cath Kidson hit the nail on the head with and we've gone crazy for the English coastal and country home look, which in my opinion isn't a bad look if you do it right.

What I love the most about these bone china plates is the attention to detail,design and the colouring of each individual plate , there's something quite comforting which reminds me of playing tea party's at my grandmas when I was young and that perhaps is another reason for why I cant help myself from buying these treasures, especially when such things come in at the price £1.49 for all three as the top and bottom ones pictured where to be thrown away because of minor chips I got them for FREE!

 These are the most recent ones as the rest are in storage until I move out.


Let me know in the comments what's your best charity / thrift shop steal is.

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment