Wednesday 11 September 2013

Clean Eating, Gluten / Lactose Free What I Ate Wednesday 1.

So today I thought I'd do a quick blog on what I ate today. I like to think I'm quiet healthy and in some ways my allergies to gluten and lactose help make me a healthier person in the way I can't go eat cake, biscuits, ice cream or chocolate when I feel like it although I do break the rules and have a sneaky piece. 


BREAKFAST

I think a really good way to start off the day is with a healthy, nutritious and tasty breakfast, as long as your enjoying your food and it doesnt feel like a chore to eat healthy your going to keep it up, so adding and changing up your favourite fresh / dried fruits, seeds, nuts and spices is a really good way to keep it interesting.
 My favourite breakfast at the moment is soya yoghurt with blue berries, dried mango, flax seed and a sprinkle of cinnamon. 


LUNCH

Throughout the weekdays of the week I always eat organic homemade food. African sweet potato casserole is my all time favourite lunch time meal, I like to have my heaviest meal at lunch as it keeps me full until my next meal and I burn it off throughout the day.



DINNER

A nice light meal to finish the day with and i don't usually fancy anything too heavy after an evening gym session although I do get major munchies and try not to spoil the work I've just done at the gym. This meal is quite a simple salad of spinach, lettuce, celery, red peppers, tomato humus and seasoned quorn chicken.

The past 2 months I have only just started really looking at what I eat in more detail to try trim and tone up a little. I've ate good healthy food since I met my boyfriend 6 years ago as he was into fitness and from a big foodie family, since then my diet just seems to be getting better especial now I am keen and interested to make more of a change to my body.

Hope these meals help to inspire you to eat more healthy and I think I may do more of these 'what i ate Wednesdays' in the future.

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment